Staff and students conducting research are reminded of the following:
Research requiring ethical approval
1. Ethical approval must be obtained for research involving humans (as group or single case) which samples of organs or other bodily material is being taken and where their health data is being taken or accessed (this includes film and audio tapings).
2. Research involving live animals.
Research for which exemption can be requested
3. Exemption can be requested for audits and online surveys (where personal and sensitive data is not being collected).
4. Observational single case studies can be exempted. However, the UWI informed consent form must be used.
5. Research involving deceased person or dead animals.